A Proper Introduction
Hello. My name is Malika and I make stuff.
But you already knew that.
Some stuff about me that you might already know, but then again might not (anyone noticing a list trend here? No? Excellent) :
- My name can be quite hard for North Americans and Europeans to remember, spell, and pronounce. It’s from India. It sounds like “Monica,” but with an L instead of an N. Alternatively, like “Molly” with a “ka” on the end.
- I learned to knit when I was 10, gave it up after several extraordinarily ugly scarves (that my mom finally agreed to stop wearing a couple years ago), picked it up again in high school, and never stopped.
- I learned to crochet when I was 16. This was the main reason I picked knitting back up again. Both crafts have improved my life so much.
- I am learning to spin. I’m really bad at it, probably because I rarely practice. But I want to learn!
- I am 22 years old.
- I recently graduated from college.
- I am currently figuring out what I want to be when I grow up. My devout wish is that I end up in the field of International Education, specifically study abroad.
- Whatever my future brings, I hope it somehow involves yarn.
- I have very short hair, and I love it. Although I sometimes experience Hair Envy, which is similar to Penis Envy but somewhat easier to resolve. Also, I have been mistaken for a boy or a lesbian on several occasions. The subsequent conversations are always amusing.
- I really really really like traveling. I grew up in several different countries, and have had the good fortune to travel to many more.
- Related: I also really like learning and using languages that are not my mother tongue. I’m conversant in French, German, and Japanese.
- I love to read. Especially if there are dragons or magic involved. But I’m not picky.
- My favorite show is Law & Order SVU. I don’t care what it says about my psyche that my favorite video entertainment is watching a show about sex crimes.
Finally, I really love connecting with people with whom I share a passion. Hence – knitting blog! Please stop by, say hi, tell me about yourself and the things that you make, and ask me questions!
Best wishes and yarny love,