Why I Started This Blog
I’ve been blogging consistently for a while but I never gave y’all a proper introduction to myself or why I started this blog. We’ll start with my reasons for blogging:
- Because I love making things.
- Because it’s nice to have a record of the things that I make.
- Because I have very few crafting friends (especially knitters/crocheters/spinners), and none that live nearby.
- Because the above reason means that I crave yarny companionship. You know, friendship with the people to whom I can tell my stories about that gorgeous sock yarn that jumped into my hands at the store, or that time I made a sweater that would fit the Hulk. People that won’t roll their eyes or pretend to be interested when I tell these stories. People that will understand, sympathize, and have great stories of their own.
- Because I heard that people like this can be found on the internet, and one discovers them by reading other crafting blogs and writing one’s own blog.
- Because I have been
obsessively readinginspired by some really great knitting blogs.
- Because I made a crafting tumblr a while back and liked it, but wanted room for more expression, pictures, etc.
- Because I was talking to my uncle (and, apparently, blogging mentor) about my crafting tumblr and he said “Oh, grow up and get a WordPress.”
I’ll do a proper introduction of myself tomorrow.